Anupama Ehoot – Blue Room, Primary
1. Where are you from? India
2. How long have been teaching? 10 years
3. Where did you go to school? Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences – studied Chemical Engineering, Piedmont Community College (Virginia) – studied Early Childhood Education, Northeast Montessori Institute
4. What degrees/certifications do you hold? Bachelors, AMS Certification
5. What is a top teaching moment that stands out in your career? Seeing the children find their “Aha Moment”. The Montessori curriculum guides children toward “self-correcting”. Seeing a child realize, on their own, that something is amiss, then problem solving independently to find a solution, and then realizing independently that they have solved the problem on their own.
6. What is the part of Montessori curriculum that you find most extraordinary? Practical Life & Mathematics. These areas of the Montessori curriculum sets the foundation for the 3-year work cycle. Math is fun & concrete, no better learning than learning manipulatives.
7. Tell us about your family, hobbies, and interests. I have 2 boys. 16 & 11, both Montessori educated. I enjoy reading & traveling.
8. What country have you never visited but would love to see? Paris.