Ismat Khan – Yellow Room, Primary
1. Where are you from? Pakistan
2. How long have been teaching? 20 years
3. Where did you go to school? University of Karachi – earned a degree in Mathematics & Economics, Early Childhood Education at Florida International University, Montessori Teacher Training Institue
4. What degrees/certifications do you hold? BS, AMS Certified
5. What is s top teaching moment that stands out in your career? Seeing students return to school (from school breaks) eager to get back to work – which shows their love of learning. Seeing the class “normalize”.
6. What is the part of Montessori curriculum that you find most extraordinary? Practical Life & Mathematics – These areas of the Montessori principal of OCCI (Order, Concentration, Coordination, and Independence). OCCI is the foundation for all curriculum areas.
7. Tell us about your family, hobbies, and interests. I have 3 sons. My hobbies are reading & cooking.
8. What country have you never visited but would love to see? China & Spain